* About: myMcGill (University portal)
myMcGill is a website that provides a customized view of McGill content and easy access to McGill services relevant to you, based on your role (student, faculty & staff, alumni)
- Easy access to applications through clickable tabs and direct links to common Minerva forms
- Content is tailored to the user's role (student, instructor, staff member)
- Ability to add links to your favorite web locations
Who can use it
- All McGill faculty and staff, and active registered students.
- Retired staff and alumni also have access to myMcGill, with limited functionality.
- Alumni who are also staff at McGill should log in with their staff McGill Username.
How to access the service
You can access myMcGill in the following ways:
- Go to https://www.mcgill.ca/mymcgill. Click Login at the bottom of the page; then, from the top Welcome to McGill block, click on the Alumni/Faculty&Staff or Student to view all content relevant to you.
- From the Quick Links menu at the top-right corner of McGill web pages (except the homepage); click the red Quick Links button; then click the myMcGill tab that is displayed at the top.
There is no cost associated with this service. If you are a student, the cost is covered under your student fees.
This service is available 24 X 7, except during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. Check the System Status page on the IT Support Site IT support site website for announcements regarding service interruptions.
Frequently asked questions
- What content can I access on myMcGill?
- Each page contains submenus and links relevant to its respective population. If you do not belong to a certain group, you will not be able to access the resources on its page. For example, Staff members with no student affiliation will not be able to access the Student page resources, and students who are not staff will not be able to access the Staff page resources.
- I get an “Access Denied” message when I click on my affiliation.
- To access your content, click on the Login button and sign in with your McGill username and password.
Best practices & policies
Training & documentation
Contact the IT Service Desk