Configure Wireless for Android
Target audience: Entire McGill community.
This article provides instructions for configuring wireless network access on Android devices.
Note: Screenshots may appear differently from the display on your device.
Follow the instructions below to connect to one of McGill's wireless networks from your Android device:
- Go to Settings
- Under Wireless and Networks, tap Wi-Fi
- Select one of the following wifi networks:
- wpa.mcgill.ca (wifi on McGill campus and in residences)
- eduroam (reserved for members of the eduroam service - non-McGill users visiting McGill and McGill users visiting other institutions)
- wpa.bus.mcgill.ca (on McGill's Inter-campus Shuttle Bus)
- CUSM-MUHC.MCGILL.CA at MUHC (McGill University Health Centre). If you do not see this option and wish to request the installation of a new MUHC wireless access point, please contact MUHC Information Services at 514-934-8484.
- When the pop-up appears, tap Connect to network.
- Enter the following information where prompted:
EAP method: PEAP
Phase-2 authentication: MSCHAPV2
CA certificate: Depending on your Android phone version, select Use system certificates if available. If not, select Don't validate.
Identity: Enter your McGill Username
Anonymous identity: leave empty
Password: Enter your McGill Password
Note: More recent versions of Android/phones may have additional features.
- Tap Connect. The connection settings will now be saved to the phone.
Your phone will automatically connect to this network whenever your Wi-Fi is enabled, and the network is in range.