* About: myProgress (degree progress tracking)

Service overview | Who can use it | How to request & access | Cost | Availability | FAQs | Best practices & policies | Training & documentation | Support

myProgress logo

Service overview

myProgress allows undergraduate students (in select faculties--see below), graduate students, advisors, and supervisors to track and monitor progress toward degree completion. It provides an overview of individual student and program requirements integrated with the student’s academic record.

The myProgress system allows you to do the following:

Graduate students:

Undergraduate students:

Graduate supervisors:

Undergraduate advisors, coordinators, and directors:

Graduate program administrators and coordinators:

Who can use it


  • Current McGill graduate students admitted to a Master's or Ph.D. program as of Fall 2017
  • Current McGill undergraduate students admitted to a program in the Faculties  of Arts, Education, and Management, or the School of Nursing, as of Fall 2019  

Graduate Supervisors

  • McGill academic staff who supervise/co-supervise graduate students admitted to their programs as of Fall 2017. Note: McGill faculty who have the role of graduate supervisor automatically have access to the tool and, by default, see all their active students 

Undergraduate Advisors, Coordinators , and Directors

  • McGill faculty/ staff who advise or monitor undergraduate students admitted to their programs as of Fall 2019.

Faculty / Department

  • GPC (Graduate Program Coordinator)
  • GPD (Graduate Program Director)
  • AD (Graduate Associate Dean)  
  • Undergraduate advisors in Arts, Education, Management, and Nursing  

University level

  • Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
  • Undergraduate level in the faculties of Arts, Education, Management, and Nursing  
  • Enrolment Services

How to request & access the service

Graduate students and supervisors:

To log into myProgress: click this icon, and enter your McGill Username and Password:

myProgress login



Create a bookmark/shortcut for future access.


Graduate Program Administrators:

From Minerva, use the SR Admin menu to access the myProgress hub.

For additional information, go to myProgress on the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies website.

Undergraduate students:  

Use the link provided on the  Undergraduate myProgress web page.

Undergraduate faculty/department staff:  

From Minerva, use the SR Admin menu to access the myProgress hub.


There is no cost associated with this service.


The service is available 24 X 7, except during planned maintenance or outages. Check the home page of the IT Support site for announcements regarding service interruptions.

Frequently asked questions

Undergraduate myProgress: Please refer to  the FAQ section on the  Undergraduate myProgress web page.

Why can’t I upload my document?
Although students with staff credentials can log into myProgress as staff, the Upload feature is only available when logged in with student credentials. If you cannot upload a document, log out and log back in using your student email address. Refer to the best practices section for more detailed instructions.

Best practices & policies

Training & documentation


User guides: